The Campus Masterplan has been finalized and approved, and the construction of various infrastructural components is being done in a phased manner.
B. A. FIRST SEMESTER CLASSESSt. Xavier’s College will start B. A. First Semester classes from 2021. Honours and Electives will be offered in the disciplines of Education, History and Sociology. Political Science will also be offered if there is interest and a justifying enrollment. The plan in the future is to offer Economics, English, and Khasi. Download the College Admission Form and College Prospectus for more details.
COLLEGE ADMISSION PROCEDURE# Soon after the 2021 HSSLC (Cl XII) results are declared by MBOSE, prospective students may get an Application Form from the College Office in Umoid. There is a Deadline before which students must return the filled-up Admission form.
# A schedule for Admission Interviews will be given to all applicants.
# When the Admission results are declared on the College Notice Board, those who are Accepted need to complete the admission formalities early, or risk losing their spot to Waitlisted students.
# These formalities include the submission of all required documents and the first installment of the College Fees.
# The required documents are the following: (Nos 1 -7 are compulsory for all students)
- Original HSSLC (Cl XII) Marksheet.
- Attested Photocopy of the Registration Cards, Admit Cards and Marksheets of Cl X and Cl XII Exams.
- Attested Photocopy of Birth Certificate and EPIC Card.
- Attested Photocopy of Parent/s EPIC/Voter ID Card .
- Proof of receiving the Covid Vaccine.
- An original Character Certificate (Ask office for more details).
- Passport-size Photographs (6 color and 6 BW)
- Attested photocopy of Scheduled status Certificate (if applicable: ST, SC, OBC certificate)
- An original Migration Certificate for non-MBOSE applicants (if applicable)
- Attested photocopy of Specially Abled Certificate (if applicable)
- Attested photocopy of other Certificates (if applicable: Sports Drama, Scouting, etc.).
PLEASE NOTE: Students will not be permitted to attend class without proof of having received the COVID VACCINE. Rest assured, the entire staff of St. Xavier’s is COVID vaccinated.
COLLEGE WOMEN’S HOSTELSt. Xavier’s College is starting a Women’s Hostel. This is in addition to the private hostels in Umoid. The hostel seeks to provide students with convenient, though simple, facilities and an all-round formation.
Admission preference will be given based on a student’s circumstances and need. Some financial assistance may be available.
The hostel is being run by the MSMHC Sisters.
Download the Hostel Admission Form and Hostel Prospectus for more details.